Wednesday, September 22, 2021

OBI Blackout

Last year I made it my mission to pick up a Japanese pressing of a Scorpions album. I grabbed a copy of Taken By Force, and quickly followed it up with Virgin Killer plus an early Best Of record. I was struck by how great those pink and purple OBI strips looked with that little scorpion, and suddenly I needed all of my Scorpions record to be Japanese pressings.
I'm only missing a few Scorpions albums from my collection, and I didn't want to let the year slip by me without picking up at least one more Japanese pressing. When I was recently buying Y & T's Earthshaker from a seller out of Japan on eBay, I decided to check out what else they had available. As soon as I saw this copy of Blackout, I immediately added it to my cart.
The Blackout album has been a favorite of mine from the band, and given how big the record was for them, I'm kind of surprised that I hadn't grabbed a cheap US pressing at a local shop over the years. This is straight up an early 80's classic. I'm happy to finally have this copy on my shelves.

No comments: