Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Currently In A Wrong War

One of my favorite bands from the first half of the 90's would have to be Current. I mean, if I'm honest, my list of favorite bands from that period is pretty long, so let's just say that during those years I really fucking liked Current. Goddamn. Their Coliseum album from '93 is perfection. Anyway... so when I saw over on noecho.net that the singer for Current had a new band going, I was kind of interested to see what they would sound like. I didn't expect much out of Wrong War, and kind of thought it might be some "mature" indie rock bullshit, but man, my expectations couldn't have been more wrong.
The nine songs on the Fixed Against Forever 12 inch hit hard and fast. The No Echo article mentions comparisons to Born Against, and over at Atomic Action Records they mention Articles Of Faith. Oh yeah, these songs have the AOF influence all over them. Damn, this was a nice surprise.
When the record went up for preorder, Council Records (another connection to those old Current records) had the exclusive red vinyl pressing, while Atomic Action was offering the clear vinyl exclusive from them. In the end, I opted for the clear vinyl option. Limited to 100.

No comments: