Thursday, February 25, 2021

Cheap 7 Inch Haul: 2002 - Close Call

Ten years ago I picked up a couple cheap Close Call 7 inches. I felt like I got a good deal back then, grabbing those records for $5 each. However, recently picking up the Someone Talked 7 inch for half of that amount makes me feel like I got ripped off on that inital purchase back in 2011.
Members of Close Call went on to bands like Righteous Jams, R'N'R, and Bane, so you know the band has some solid history with Massachusetts hardcore. Still, for one reason or another, the band seems to remain overlooked. I mean, they aren't going to blow you away as some long forgotten treasure from the early 2000's, but Close Call are still fucking solid.
Happy to add another record to the collection for a band that no one is going to care about. Best $2.50 I'll spend all year.

No comments: