Saturday, January 16, 2021

Tape Heads

I really have no use for cassette tapes these days. As a kid, cassettes were huge for me until CDs came along, and I still get a kick out of flipping through the box of old tapes that I still have, but buying new tapes doesn't make any sense to me.
When React Records released the For My Brothers tape from Ancient Heads back in 2013, I ignored it. Ugh...fucking tapes...I grabbed a download of the songs and that was good enough for me. A few years after its release, I really looked at the cover photo for this cassette... holy shit... that is me in the black No Tolerance t-shirt... goddamn, now I'm going to have to own a copy!
I finally got around to grabbing a cheap copy off Discogs last summer, but since it is a tape, I kind of tossed it in a corner and forgot about it. When I recently uncovered it from a pile of records recently, I figured that it was time to post it up on the blog. Shame that these songs only saw a cassette release as they may be the best Ancient Head songs.

1 comment:

mcs said...

You look like the Incredible Hulk about to smash those fools.