Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Flesh And Blood And Records

I was stuck in a Whitesnake obsession for most of 2020. There was a lot of depressing shit going on and Coverdale and the band provided the levity that I needed to not lose my fucking mind. While my interest in the band tends to focus on everything up to Slide It In, I did find myself giving some of later stuff a chance. It isn't nearly as good as the earlier stuff, but surprisingly, I don't find it to be terrible either. I had downloaded their latest album from 2019, Flesh & Blood, but I'd never really been hot enough on the record to pick it up myself.
As we were getting closer to Christmas, my mom asked if there were any records that she could buy me for a gift. While this used to be an easy question to answer, it isn't so simple these days. It's not like I can go, "yeah, I'd really like the silver label Megaforce Records pressing of the first Anthrax album." I can't just point her to Discogs or eBay because that would probably cause her head to explode, so I played it safe, and sent her a link to Amazon for this Whitesnake album.
While this record isn't going to blow your mind, and it can be cringeworthy with song titles like Shut Up & Kiss Me and Hey You (You Make Me Rock), I'm not too serious about it and I can still get down and have a good time with this album. I'm glad that I didn't have to buy it, but I'm still happy to have it in the collection.

No comments: