Monday, November 02, 2020

Rated X

More often than not, it seems that I'm late to the party for new bands. I feel disconnected and out of the loop, so it was no surprise that when I was finally tuned into Rated X that the limited pressing of their United Front album was already sold out. I thought that someone out there might have given me a heads up on this, as it is obviously something that I'd be into, but no, apparently my friends only think of themselves.
Rated X is another project from the man behind Violent Reaction, and you get exactly what you'd expect...fast and ripping straight edge hardcore. These twelve songs do not let up...from start to finish, you are just pummeled.
Once I'd discovered that I'd missed the colored vinyl option through Painkiller, I added it to my Discogs want list and hoped for the best. Thankfully I didn't have to wait long, and a Discogs seller came through rather quickly, and at a great price too, and I didn't hesitate to jump on it before someone else snatched it up. 160 pressed.

3 comments:

Johnny said...

Wow. Based on the Violent Reaction connection you mentioned, I queued this up on Spotify, and it does not disappoint. I guess my friends only think about themselves too because no one has told me about this band, so thanks for the post, ha. Another amazingly good album released in an amazingly awful year ha.

mcs said...

Ain't no such thing as 'friends' in record collecting. There is only rivals.

Doug W said...

I ain't telling you shit until it's already in my collection.