Monday, November 09, 2020

Just One More

I recently received a message from Marcus about a post that It's Alive Records had made on Instagram about a new pressing for the first Rain On The Parade 7 inch. It's Alive has their IG settings set to private, so the only way that I could get the lowdown on this new pressing was to start following them and then drop them a private message for payment info. Kind of a pain in the ass process, but since I've got a pretty decent ROTP collection, there wasn't any way that I was going to let this pass me by. The record was kind of expensive for a 7 inch, but once you see all the work that went into it, I find it was worth it.
First off, the record comes packaged in an oversized envelope. The front of it is printed with a nice looking live shot, and is stamped and numbered out of 100. The envelope is sealed, so I had very carefully peel back the flap to get to the record inside.
Once you have the envelope open, you face your next hurdle. The record itself is in a plastic sleeve, and someone thought that it would be a good idea to also seal this with a plain white sticker. Good luck trying to get through Level 2 of this security system without mutilating or tearing it open.
Once you are finally inside, all that hard work pays off. Green colored vinyl, lyric sheet insert, printed dust sleeve, a few stickers...such a great looking package.
The inside of the record sleeve has a bunch of old fliers printed, and is stamped and numbered...again. I'm not sure what prompted It's Alive to press the Body Bag record almost 25 years after it's release, but I'm happy to add it to the collection.

2 comments:

mcs said...

This is great. Seeing these pics means I don't actually need to open mine now. Thanks dude!

Mike said...

Sorry, you'll still need to open it to verify if the number on the front matches the other numbers on the inside.