Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Murder The Disturbed

The majority of the time, I get caught up in impulse buys when collecting and just grab whatever random record has my attention for that second. This leads me to buy multiple pressings of records or singles from my favorite metal and rock bands. It is definitely a fun time, but at the end of the day, I'm left feeling like I didn't move my collection forward. There are so many older albums from my favorite bands that I still do not own on vinyl, and there are times that I wish I could stop dicking around and focus. After a recent run of Japanese singles and some cheap hardcore records, I had the urge to make a move to fill a big hole in the collection.


Circle Jerks have long been a favorite band of mine, but outside of the five pressings of Group Sex, I don't own any of their albums. I've been reading the XXX Fanzine book that Bridge Nine published a couple years ago, and while reading the Keith Morris interview and listening to some early Circle Jerks, I was inspired to finally pick up Wild In The Streets.

A few years ago, I heard someone say that they preferred the original Faulty Records mix of Wild In The Streets. At the time I had no idea there were different mixes, and having only owned the CD version from Frontier Records, I was interested to hear the original.

Now, I'm not much of an audiophile, and there are times when I can barely hear differences in mixes, but yeah, this original pressing of Wild In The Streets definitely has a more raw sound. There are some things that I prefer on the Frontier remix...the typewriter sounds from the original mix of Defamation Innuendo is kind of annoying, but overall you can put me in the camp of preferring the original Faulty mix.

No comments: