Saturday, October 03, 2020

Legacy Of Brazil

One of the last great shows that I went to, before COVID-19 brought everything to a screeching halt, was Iron Maiden last August for the Legacy Of The Beast tour. The stage show was amazing and the setlist was fire, as they included a number of songs that I'd either never seen them play live before or songs that they haven't done live for years.

When I saw someone on Instagram post a photo of a bootleg from the Legacy Of The Beast tour, I started my desperate search to get my hands on a copy. I checked eBay and a number of overseas sellers had the record available for around $70 which was disappointing, but I did find one seller with an auction starting at $50. Even at $50, I thought it was too expensive, but I was so desperate to get my hands on a copy, so I placed a low bid and hoped that no one else made a play for it.

Immediately after placing my bid, I remembered that Hells Headbangers distro sometimes carries Maiden bootlegs, so I quickly checked their store and sure enough, they had the record available. $30. Fuck. Not wanting to miss out on this great price, I quickly ordered one and then just hoped that I was outbid on eBay. Thankfully, it all worked out, as seconds before the auction ended, someone came in and placed a bid higher than mine.

This bootleg delivers the goods. The sound quality is great, and the packaging is absolutely stunning.

From the amazing cover art, to the gatefold packaging with some great photos from the tour...bootlegs are some next level stuff these days. Boots didn't look like this when I was a kid.

The OBI strip shows that there are three other records in the Legacy Of The Beast series for shows in Sweden, France and England. They all look great, but I think that I'll just stick with this one from Brazil...especially since Maiden announced their official live record from their Mexico shows on this tour, which will be released next month, and of course I'll need to get that one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, im looking for an audio sample to check if it's worth the search and the price. Please email me if you have a link or a mp3