Thursday, September 17, 2020

Third Press Rust

When I picked up the new As Friends Rust 7 inch last month and posted about it here, I talked a bit of shit about how ridiculous record pressings are these days. Within a month of it's release, the Up From The Muck record was already in it's third pressing with six different colored vinyl options. I mentioned that I was happy to be out of that bullshit game, and I was satisfied with the one copy that I bought. I'm fucking dumb.

Man, I didn't expect to like these two new As Friends Rust songs this much. I cannot get enough of them, and I'm itching for more from the band. When I was recently in the REVHQ store to pick up the new Sick Of It All book, I noticed they had the third press of this new record in their store, with an alternate cover, and I must have had some kind of aneurysm or something because suddenly the idea of buying this pressing seemed like the best idea ever.

The third pressing was on random/recycled vinyl, and the photo posted at REVHQ was this great looking purple color...so of course I was less than impressed when my dull dark grey colored vinyl arrived.

Two copies isn't a collection, but I don't really want to buy anymore of this record...especially when dipshit sellers are listing them on Discogs with a $30 price tag...but what am I doing with two copies of this? Still, it is one of my favorite 7 inches this year.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Welcome to my world. Setting rules and then breaking them a week later. My own inconsistency irritates me, but it's good to see I am not alone.