Thursday, September 03, 2020

2020 May Hurt A Bit

My tastes have been all over the map this year, and I've found myself bouncing from one obsession to the next on a weekly basis. There was a pretty decent stretch earlier in the summer when I could not get enough mid-90's hardcore. In there with Strife and Snapcase, I was also pulling out the Fixation On A Coworker album from Deadguy. I'd forgotten how great that record was. When I heard that the singer had a new band and they were releasing something in 2020, I was eager to see what Bitter Branches would deliver.

I was pretty excited for this Bitter Branches record. When the band posted that if you were one of the first 150 people to donate $5 or more for the bandcamp download of This May Hurt A Bit, you would get an exclusive offer for a limited pressing of the record. I hate paying for downloads, but I still jumped on it so that I wouldn't miss out on a chance for that limited pressing. Now I feel like a chump because the special screen printed cover ended up being limited to 300, and not 150, plus this thing is still available in the Atomic Action store. I guess I didn't need to jump in and throw money at that download offer. Fuck...if I wanted the more limited pressing, I apparently could have held out for the REVHQ exclusive color that was limited to 100.

Whatever. Either way, this silk screen cover and layout looks great..and the songs here are really cool as well. Comparisons to Deadguy and Kiss It Goodbye are inevitable as Tim Singer's voice is instantly recognizable and distinct.

Number 24 out of 300.

No comments: