Friday, August 07, 2020

As Friends Muck

Earlier this year, No Echo posted an article about As Friends Rust and previewed their first new song in nearly 20 years. I loved this band during their run in the early 2000's, but I didn't have high expectations for their new songs in 2020. I was skeptical that they would still have that same spark that attracted me to the band back in the day, but after checking out Up From The Muck, I was eager to preorder the new record.

Two songs here on this 7 inch, and As Friends Rust haven't missed a step. This record is great and it has me dusting off the older records from the band, and I've been listening to this shit on repeat lately.

Because this is 2020, there are a ridiculous number of pressings for this 7 inch. Everyone seems to have their own limited pressing...Cortex, Revelation, Cargo (?), and one exclusive to the band. The record was released a month ago and it is already in it's third pressing. Glad I don't try to keep up with this bullshit anymore, and I stuck with the yellow vinyl from REV. Limited to 100.

No comments: