Thursday, July 16, 2020

Gillan Nightmare

I've been so obsessed with collecting singles lately, and I decided to share that love affair with my friend, Jeff. His birthday was coming up, and being a huge Alice Cooper fan, I wanted to track down a cool picture sleeve single for him. I found a good looking French pressing of the Billion Dollar Babies single, and while I was picking that record up for him I grabbed a cheap Gillan single for myself.

A few years ago I bought a few Gillan singles as my introduction to the band. I had obviously loved his stuff with Deep Purple and Black Sabbath, so I figured it was time to finally check out what he had done with the Gillan band in the late 70's and early 80's. I had a great time with those few singles and I told myself that I was going to have to track down the albums from the band as well. Almost three years later and I've made zero progress on that front...but hey, here I am buying another single.

The a-side song, Nightmare, comes from the 1981 album Double Trouble, and it is another cool track. Man, I need to dig into the Gillan stuff more often, because I seem to enjoy everything I hear. Good stuff!

No comments: