Wednesday, June 17, 2020

It's An Election Year

I'm not the biggest Gameface fan, but I do really love their early records. I was really having a good time giving their first album, Good, a spin recently, and I figured that maybe I should look into finally buying a vinyl copy.

I listened to both this album and Three To Get Ready so many times through the mid-90's, that I wore them out and put them on a shelf for years. Man, I'd forgotten just how great this stuff is.

I was tempted to chase down an original pressing on Network Sound, but the more that I looked at the reissue that Smartpunk did a few years back, the more I wanted one of those instead...and finding a copy on Discogs for just over $10 helped make it an easy decision as well.

There were four art prints from from frontman Jeff Caudill with the reissue, with two of them being included with the red vinyl, and the other two included with the black vinyl pressing. I love the look of the red vinyl to match the Radio Flyer from the front cover.

200 pressed on red.

The whole packaging is top notch, from the gatefold cover featuring photos and flyers from that era, to the lyric sheet. Everything looks amazing.

2 comments:

mcs said...

I had decided a couple of years ago that I have no interest in this reissue. But after reading this post and seeing these pictures I find myself wanting one.

Mike said...

I'm sure that only owning a black vinyl copy of this is cool too. Given how cheap I picked this up, how can you not get one yourself?!