Sunday, June 21, 2020

Harder Faster

I don't generally get too excited about live albums, and to be honest I'd kind of forgotten all about W.A.S.P.'s Live...In The Raw album. However, when I came across the record from a Discogs seller that I was recently shopping from, and I started looking at the songs on it, I suddenly needed to have it.

Back in the 80's, W.A.S.P. were known for their wild and entertaining live shows. I saw them open for Black Sabbath on Easter Sunday in 1987, but I remember being disappointed since W.A.S.P. didn't play the song Fuck Like A Beast. Besides that one live experience, I did remember that Live...In The Raw delivered the goods as a live album. I originally owned it as a cassette, and listening to it again 30+ years later, this thing still holds up. Not only does it give us classic W.A.S.P. songs from the Electric Circus tour, but there are two live songs, Harder Faster and The Manimal, that I don't think the band recorded studio versions for, plus there is the song Scream Until You Like It from the Ghoulies II soundtrack.

I'd forgotten all about about this record, but revisiting it now, I'd say that this is a crucial 80's metal record.

No comments: