Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Weapons Of Warbringer

I'd been collecting records for a few years when Warbringer released their first album, War Without End, in 2008, but up to that point, I was still basically buying new metal albums on CD. I'd been getting more and more back into metal, and with that first Warbringer album, I finally made the move to pick it up on vinyl. It was a big step in finally getting out of the CD buying trap for metal albums and making more of a commitment to record collecting.

Twelve years and six albums later, it is cool to see that Warbringer are still around and playing trash. I felt like they were one of the better bands back when the trash revival was going on back then, and they have definitely proved themselves along the way. With Weapons Of Tomorrow, John Kevill and the guys are still as potent as ever. It's great to see trash bands delivering a socio-political message like we got from thrash bands in the 80's.

I've bought every Warbringer album along the way, and I grabbed each on on colored vinyl. When I went to buy a copy of Weapons Of Tomorrow, I was only given the option of black vinyl. I thought it was odd, but I bought one anyway. Now that I've discovered that colored vinyl options exist, I'm kind of disappointed to have this one on black.

Before the release of the full length album, Warbringer released a single for Power Unsurpassed. I really wasn't interested in making a special purchase for this 7 inch single, but since it was available when I was picking up the album, I didn't mind adding a copy to the cart.

Only 300 pressed for this single.

No comments: