Monday, May 11, 2020

Seven Inch Teeth

I've been working from home due to the coronavirus since March 17th. Work has not slowed in the slightest, but I figured that while I was chillin' at home 24x7, I'd start posting to Instagram daily. Don't worry, I haven't resorted to posting a string of selfies to show off my quarantine beard...instead, I've been using the discogs shake tool in the mobile app to randomly select a record from my collection. I give that record a spin, take a picture and then load it up to Instagram. Given that I've got around 4,000 records loaded to Discogs, it has been fun to see what long forgotten record comes up each day.

One of records to come up during the daily discogs shake was the Teeth 7 inch on green vinyl that I picked up back in 1995. Teeth were out of Tucson, AZ and play that style of hardcore punk that was so difficult to categorize in the mid-90's. Do I call it hardcore? Is it emo? Is this punk rock? No matter what you call it, I love that style and got a kick out of listening to the record that I hadn't given a spin for the past ten years.

After the discogs shake had me pull the record, I started to check out the band on Discogs. I assumed that the self titled Teeth 7 inch was the only thing the band had recorded, and I was surprised to see they also had released a "2 song 7 inch" record back in '95 as well. There was a seller that had one available for less than a dollar, so I quickly added it to the cart.

This is a cool record. Good stuff to listen to when I'm in the mood for that mid-90's stuff like Greyhouse, Kill Holiday and Walleye.

No comments: