Friday, April 24, 2020

Intro Combust

I discovered so many great new hardcore bands in 2019. All the stars must have been aligned because I was open to checking out some new bands, and it seemed like I was stumbling on a great new find every other day. I felt like I couldn't miss, and if I had a good feeling about a band, I'd check them out and immediately fall in love with what I was hearing. I'd seen the name Combust thrown around a few times last year, but made assumptions and lumped them in with some tough-guy shit, so I avoided them.

Combust kept showing up as a recommendation on Spotify for other new bands that I was spinning daily, so in a moment of curiosity, I finally broke down recently and I checked them out. Wow. This is great. There are some great NYHC vibes on this record, but in a great Killing Time and Cro-Mags way...in fact one of the songs strongly reminds me of Seekers Of The Truth from Cro-Mags...plus I've been spinning Best Wishes a lot recently, so this Combust record hit me at the right time.

I'd ordered the more limited green/yellow pressing for The Void, but Edgewood Records sent me the black with yellow splatter instead. Maybe the green/yellow had sold out, or maybe they sent be the splatter by mistake, either way, this record is damn good.

300 pressed on this black/yellow splatter.

No comments: