Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Combat Frost

I'd spent a lot of time and money with a bunch of newer releases the past couple of months, and it felt like it had been a while since I'd bothered chasing a big target classic record. New releases are cool and fun to pick up, but man, there is no thrill like buying a record that is over 30 years old.

I've got Emperor's Return from Celtic Frost on my Top Wants list for this year, and that's the one that I should have been targeting, but when I saw the green Combat Records labels for To Mega Therion, I couldn't walk away. They don't show up on Discogs very often, and when one popped up where the seller wasn't asking a ridiculous price for it, I fired off a quick message to ask if he could email me a few photos...mostly because I wanted to confirm it didn't have the Combat camo labels, but I also wanted to make sure it was in good condition. Everything worked out, and I quickly added it to my cart.

From the H.R. Giger artwork, to the insanely heavy songs within, this album absolutely crushes. A definite classic, and one that I'm happy to finally own.

No comments: