Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Made In Europe

I know that I tend to classify most live albums as useless filler, but I do have a small list of live records that I find to be absolutely crucial. Some of them truly capture that live energy, and are just too good to ignore. For me, one of the best live albums of all time has to be Deep Purple's Made In Europe.

I know that most people rave about Purple's Made In Japan album from the Gillan era, but for my money, I'll take the Coverdale era Made In Europe every fucking time. For some reason, the live album from Japan just seems so bloated and dull to me, while the Live In Europe album just explodes with energy and vitality.

Five songs, all from the Coverdale albums, that hold my attention from start to finish. Even the sixteen minute version of You Fool No One keeps it's hooks in me all the way through.

No comments: