Sunday, January 27, 2019

UFO Sighting

I really enjoy UFO, but outside of their Force It album, I find that I rarely visit their records. I don't know why that is, and given how much time I spend in my 70's playlists, you would think that I would be more familiar with their albums than I am.

Still, when I do happen to spin those classic UFO records, I quite enjoy it, and I think that I really need to reach for their albums more often. Case in point...their 1978 release, Obsession.

When I was flipping through the used bins at one of the local record stores this past Fall, I found this copy of Obsession in the racks. It was one of the few albums from that classic Schenker-era that I was missing, and with the $7 price tag, I figured it was a good time to grab a copy. I wasn't terribly familiar with the album, but I figured that I needed it just the same.

Spinning this record the other day, I was surprised at just how much I enjoyed it. I need to keep this in the daily playlist for a while.

No comments: