Saturday, November 17, 2018

Skull Crusher

The new 2018 releases keep coming in! Another record, in a long list of new albums that I've been excited for, was the new one from The Skull.

Four years after The Skull released their debut album, they finally give us a follow up...and while it took me a little bit to get into For Those Which Are Asleep, with The Endless Road Turns Dark, I found myself immediately hooked. Eric Wagner's voice harkens back to those albums from Trouble that I love so much, and the doom delivers on this album with plenty of heavy riffs and lots of layers and texture.

I'm not really a fan of the gray and black splatter colored vinyl. I just looks kind of flat and uninspired to me...the music on the other hand is exactly what I'm looking for from this band.

No comments: