Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Bad To My World

With each Backtrack album, I've been resistant to checking it out...I'll dig my heels in, and make assumptions that I'm not going to like it...and each time I end up surprised at how much I end up enjoying the album. With Bad To My World, from last year, I stayed predictable, and I ignored the record because I was spending my time listening to other stuff, and couldn't be bothered with a third Backtrack record. I mean, I'm sure that this time they would be played out, right? Wrong again.

I feel like it has been years since I've been excited over newer Hardcore releases, but lately, that shit has been moving me. Maybe it has been my mood and mindset...or maybe bands have been delivering what I'm looking for...or maybe it is both...but damn, it feels good to be excited about some newer Hardcore records recently. While, I've been in that Hardcore headspace and was recently jamming through my 2014 playlist, I came across Backtrack's Lost In Life album. I'd forgotten how good that shit was, and I found myself spinning it every few days...then I remembered they released a new album last year that I'd let pass me by. Shortly after grabbing a download off of soulseek, I knew I needed to grab the vinyl too.

When I started looking at vinyl options, Bridge Nine had options of a shitty looking splatter or a boring gray version. Neither one of these were going to cut it for me, so I coughed up a bit more cash to get the superior looking tri-colored pressing from a discogs seller.

300 pressed.

No comments: