Sunday, March 18, 2018

Good Reddance

A few weeks back, I picked up a reissue of Ballads From The Revolution on colored vinyl. I absolutely loved the look of that vinyl, and it got me wondering if Fat Wreck had recently reissued any of the other Good Riddance records.

I started looking around and was pleasantly surprised to find that Symptoms Of A Leveling Spirit got the colored vinyl reissue treatment in 2017 as well. While I was originally hesitant to start chasing reissues...because of some strange allegiance to only purchasing original pressings...once I'd started down that road with Ballads From The Revolution, there was no holding back after that, and there was no internal struggle over grabbing another Good Riddance reissue. Again, that vinyl looks great!

Good Riddance were five albums in when they released Symptoms Of A Leveling Spirit and they were still putting out some great Hardcore Punk records. They might have been one of the few Fat Wreck bands that I cared about, but Good Riddance were one of my absolute favorites during the late 90's/early 00's, and it feels great to start putting their vinyl into my collection.

2 comments:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

I back everything about this post.

Mike said...

As you should, since you are reason that I started chasing these things in the first place. Ha!