Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Welcome To Hell

I've been slowly preparing myself for an oncoming New Wave Of British Heavy Metal obsession. I worked my way through my late 70's playlists on the iPod, and picked up some cheap records for the collection along the way. However, I was ready to make some big moves and quit fucking around. It was time to dive into the deep end of the NWOBHM.

I wanted to make a big impact with this NWOBHM purchase, and cautiously started approaching the idea of chasing some early Venom records. To me, those first few Venom albums are perfect...they are raw, fast and loud...and to cross one off my Want List, would be a big step forward. Venom records on the original UK Neat Records label don't come cheap, so I was kind of worried about what I might be getting myself into...and since I needed one in excellent condition, I thought that I might be getting myself in some trouble here. In the end, all things considered and relatively speaking, the damage to my bank account wasn't too steep, and I grabbed a copy without breaking a sweat.

Apparently, some early copies came with a poster, but those appear to be as rare as hens teeth, so after a while, I gave up trying to find a copy with one. I found a copy in great condition, and it had the original lyric sheet, and that was enough for me.

No comments: