Saturday, December 23, 2017

Send Me Straight To Hell

I started seeing photos of the Unified Right album pop up on Instagram a couple months ago, but to be honest, with that cover, I had no idea that it was a record, and I was assuming it was just some promo for a new band that I'd never heard of. It was another case where the Hardcore community was trying to tell me to pay attention, but I preferred to sit back in ignorant bliss and ignore them.

As we were closing in on the end of 2017, and I was revisiting a bunch of newer Hardcore records that I'd picked up over the past year, it got me wondering about what the deal was with this Unified Right band that I had been hearing about. Surprisingly, Hardcore impressed the fuck out of me this year, and I decided to take a chance on one more new release.

Unified Right kind of remind me of the 80's New York Hardcore sound...I don't know...maybe less The Way It Is, and more Where The Wild Things Are. It is pretty good, but it doesn't grab me the way that I'd hoped. Of course, I've only listened to it a couple of times, so maybe I just need to give it a few more spins.

No comments: