Friday, December 15, 2017

Music Is My Life, And This Is My Song

A while ago, my friend Jeff tried to get me interested in Bachman-Turner Overdrive, and played me some of their stuff while we were hanging out at his house one evening. Surprisingly, I kind of enjoyed it, and made a mental note to check them out the next time I got down with a 70's hard rock obsession.

When my mom's boyfriend passed, and I was weeding through his old record collection, I was happy to discover the Not Fragile album.

I was surprised by how much I loved this record. So many thick riffs, and those rough and kick ass vocals are pure 70's rock. I would have never thought that I'd need to hear You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet, but here in the context of this album, the song is great.

This album became my soundtrack to the Spring of 2017, and I would queue it up on the iPod for the few long drives that I would take to pick up my daughter at college. Great driving music.

No comments: