Sunday, December 24, 2017

Formidable Red Death

One last new release before we reach the end of 2017.

I wasn't aware that there was a new Red Death record on the way, but when I was in the Triple B store picking up the Unified Right album, and I noticed that there were preorders up for Red Death as well.

Red Death is one of those bands that continually flies under the radar for me, and I always forget just how good they are. Last year, the band released their two song 7 inch, Deterrence...and while I enjoyed it, I hadn't bothered to listen to it in about a year. I gave it a spin while preparing this blog post, and I was like, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, this band is so good. Why don't I listen to Red Death more often?"

With Formidable Darkness, Red Death keep on doing their thing. With a dirty and dark Crossover sound, the band always remind me of Iron Age, and are absolutely crushing.

200 pressed on clear red and orange swirl colored vinyl. I know that the pictures make it look like it is just red vinyl, but you'll have to see it in real life to see the different colors in this thing.

1 comment:

mcs said...

'Why don't I listen to [insert band name here] more often?' is a question I seem to ask myself all the time.