Friday, December 01, 2017

Dio-cember: Part 1 - Chasing Rainbows

Last January I did one of those Record A Day challenges on Instagram, and posted my Ronnie James Dio collection for one of the days. It was far from complete, and every time that I think of that photo, I get an itch to fill some more holes, and expand the Dio collection.

I was participating in another Instagram record challenge this past month, and of course one of the days for a photo had to be "Collection Of An Artist"...and it got me thinking about that Dio photo from last year. The more that I thought about it, the more I wanted to buy more Dio records...and before I knew it, I had a bunch of them purchased and heading my way.

With a string of posts lined up, I'm declaring it Dio-cember, and I'm kicking the month off with a bunch of new additions to my Dio collection.

Shortly after Dio's death in 2010, we saw a handful of live recordings brought out from the vault and released for fans. After picking up the first few live albums, I kind of ran out of steam, and I ignored the Chasing Rainbows album until now. This live set from Spokane was recorded shortly after the release of The Last In Line in '84, and was broadcast across the county on the radio. The live set was previously available as a bootleg, but it is cool to have an official release now available.

Knowing that this was the last posthumous live album that I was missing, made it an easy target, and it felt good to finally cross it off the list.

No comments: