Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Strength Lies With Youngblood

Earlier this year, I found myself on a huge kick with newer Hardcore bands. I haven't felt that charged up in long time, and was scrambling to check out on a bunch of bands that I'd ignored recently. I'd had my head buried in the sand for the past couple of years, so I had a bunch of new bands to dig into.

Youngblood Records rarely lets me down, so when I started looking for bands that I'd missed out on, they seemed like a good place to start.

The Discrepancy record is a year or two old, and I remember when Youngblood first put them up for pre-order. Either I missed the announcement, or I was too slow pulling myself out of the Heavy Metal headspace I was in, but by the time I got to the Youngblood store, the limited colored vinyl had already sold out. With black vinyl as the only option, I just couldn't be bothered at the time, and I left the store empty handed. I didn't even bother listening to the songs.

Fast forward to January of 2017, and my interest in new Hardcore bands was starting to gain some momentum, and with some new Youngblood pre-orders going up in their store, I figured that I'd grab that Discrepancy 7 inch as well.

Damn! I've been missing out! This four song demo from 2014 is great. Please tell me that there is more to come from this band.

300 pressed on black vinyl.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Great band. Also got into them late and I found out about Hard Stance (super late haha) through them.