Friday, August 04, 2017

Stuck In The 90's: Part 4 - 1994 Pinhead No More

Last Summer I took a casual hit of Pinhead Gunpowder and it grew into a full blown obsession that lead me to finally pick up the band's first two 7 inches. I listened to the shit out of those two records as that style became my soundtrack to the Summer of 2016.

With the warm Summer temperatures, and a 90's obsession in full swing, it was inevitable that I'd be drawn back to the sounds of Pinhead Gunpowder...and with that came the need to buy another piece of vinyl from them. This time around I went for their third release, Carry The Banner.

This was the first release that I'd heard from the band back in the late 90's. Of course I picked up the CD at the time, so it is good to finally add the vinyl to the collection now.

I was tempted to chase the colored vinyl repress, but in the end, cooler heads prevailed and I stuck with the original first press on Too Many Records...even though it is a 10 inch.

No comments: