Sunday, July 02, 2017

No Place For European Disgrace

Recently, there was a post on the Braveboard, asking what your two favorite songs were off of Flotsam & Jetsam's No Place For Disgrace album. The first song to come to mind was I Live You Die, but after that, I was at a loss as to what song number two might be. The only way to find the answer was to give the album a spin.

I love this album, but I only owned my original CD pressing that I bought back when I was 17 or 18 years old. When I started checking discogs for what it may cost me to finally add the vinyl to my collection, I noticed that the cover for the European pressing looked slightly different from the US version. This was all it took for me to go from a casual "I'd like to own this album on vinyl" to an immediate "I need this right fucking now".

Sometimes it is the little differences, and after years of being familiar with the blue cover for No Place For Disgrace, owning the red and black cover was something fresh, and just seemed cool.

This album is a straight up Thrash classic, and can easily stand toe to toe with some of the other heavy hitters that were released in 1988.

Oh...and for the record, the second song that I chose as my favorite would be the title track, No Place For Disgrace. Hari Kari!

No comments: