Friday, April 28, 2017

Record Store Day 2017 - Part 3: Get Your Rocks Off

When I set out for Record Store Day this year, there was one or two new releases that I wouldn't mind picking up. Nothing earth shaking...just a "nice to have". After things were a bust at the first Bull Moose store that I stopped at, and I walked out empty handed, I resigned myself to not picking up anything new. I called it a day, and headed home.

I was kind of surprised to not find the reissue of the first Def Leppard EP while I was making my rounds that morning. When I got home, and was going through my haul, on a whim, I decided to check the Bull Moose online store to see if they had any in stock. Much to my surprise, their location just a couple miles up the road from me had a few available. Oh hell, I might as well go out and grab it.

I've dreamed of grabbing an original 7 inch pressing of the first Def Leppard EP, but with a price tag around $200, it always put me off the chase. Grabbing this 12 inch reissue for under $15, felt like a much smarter move right now.

No comments: