Sunday, April 30, 2017

Gruesome Psyche

The entire motivation behind Gruesome is to pay tribute to the memory of Chuck Schuldiner and his band, Death. The first two Gruesome records were an amazing homage to those early Death records. Since I'm a disciple of the trinity of Scream Bloody Gore, Leprosy, and Spiritual Healing, I couldn't have been happier. The later Death records are good, but for me, they don't come close to the punch of those first three. When Gruesome announced that their new material was more in the vein of Death's Human album, I was starting to wonder if it was time for me to exit.

The latest from Gruesome is only a two song 7 inch...one new one in the form of Fragments Of Psyche, and a cover of Death's Choke On It. While Human isn't a go-to Death album for me, this new song hits all the right buttons. Gruesome nail the Death sound perfectly once again.

900 pressed on oxblood colored vinyl.

No comments: