Friday, March 03, 2017

Record Collecting Is My Business...

I've had Megadeth's Killing Is My Business on my Want List for a long time. Years ago, I set my eBay profile to alert me whenever a copy became available. My email inbox saw countless notifications, and I ignored most of them. The record seemed to show up pretty regularly, so I figured there was no rush, and I kept putting off buying a copy. Then, at the start of last year, I posted my Top 10 Wants In 2016 here on the blog. I thought that if I published it here, it would keep it at the forefront of my mind, and it would motivate me to finally cross it off my list. No dice. I didn't make anymore headway on it than years past.

I vowed that 2017 was going to be different. While I only crossed one record off my Top 10 Want List in 2016, I committed myself to doing better this year. With some cash in my Paypal account from recently selling off some records, I figured that it was time to finally make a move on the first Megadeth record.

One of the things that made an original pressing of Killing Is My Business so attractive, was that it is really the only place that you are going to get their cover version of These Boots. Seems that Lee Hazelwood wasn't too impressed with Mustaine's interpretation, and forbid them from ever releasing it again. Too bad...Megadeth's version is great.

I fucking love those green Combat labels. I want them all. When looking to buy a copy of Killing Is My Business, this was really the only way to go. Man, this thing is in amazing condition for a record that over 30 years old.

One of the reasons that I paid a bit more for my copy of this record was that it included the original merchandise order form. Gotta have it for the Metal history!

No comments: