Saturday, December 10, 2016

Who Do We Think We Are

Okay...one more record to quiet the 70's Rock monster that demands to be fed, then I'll move on to the next decade. I promise.

There are five mandatory Deep Purple albums...the first four with Ian Gillan, plus Burn with Coverdale. Beyond that, there are some good albums, but nothing that really reaches the highs captured on those records. Of those five, the only one that I was missing in my collection was Gillan's last with Deep Purple in the 70's, Who Do We Think We Are.

This is quite possibly the most overlooked and underrated Deep Purple album...I know that I didn't pay much attention to it when I first heard it, but my appreciation has grown quite a bit over the past couple of years.

While I would have preferred to hold out for a UK pressing, the price was right for this US first pressing that included the lyric sheet insert. Maybe I'll chase the UK pressing at a later date, but for now I'm content to just have the vinyl on my shelf.

No comments: