Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Shoot, Knife, Strangle, Beat and Crucify

A couple of months ago when I was losing my mind over Cast Iron Hike and Miltown, I was hot to pick up a copy of the split 7 inch that the two of them did together. The only trouble was that neither eBay or Discogs had one available. I threw it on my Discogs wantlist, and played the waiting game. One month later, when I got the notification that one was available, I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

I'd never heard of Miltown until this year, failing to have the band crack my radar for about 20 years. Now I'm making up for lost time, and listening to these songs like crazy. I'm not even a fan of The Cure, but Miltown's cover here is amazing.

Cast Iron Hike give us one song on their side...a GG Allin cover...and while I'm not a fan of GG, I do find that when other bands cover his stuff, for one reason or another, they are great. Plus given the results of the Presidential election here in the States, Shoot, Knife, Strangle, Beat and Crucify seems to fit my current mood.

1 comment:

Pim said...

That Cure track might just be my favorite track. Great band.