Friday, August 12, 2016

Double Spazz

I enjoy Descendents. I like 'em, and they can be a lot of fun, but I've never really gone crazy for them. When I heard that they had a new album up for pre-order, I got wrapped up in the hype and rushed to add the more limited vinyl to my cart. I added the glow in the dark vinyl option to my cart, and contemplated even going for some other colored vinyl options as well. Then I stopped and caught my breath. Why was I acting like a fiend needing a fix, when I knew deep down that I would be completely content just picking up the regular pressing from my local record store? I needed to calm the fuck down. I emptied my cart and walked away.

When the album was finally released a couple weeks ago, I casually downloaded a copy to see if it was worth buying. Yeah, it's Summer, and some new Descendents certainly fit the mood.

The new album was good, so I set out to grab a copy from the store. They had the US Indie Store pressing on white vinyl available, so I drove over on my lunch break to score one. Perfect. This copy was all that I needed.

Cool glow in the dark ink on the front cover.

Because a 16 song album isn't enough for Descendents, they also had to drop an additional 5 song EP as well. These aren't just throwaway songs here...nope, this EP is completely essential as well.

This 12 inch EP is limited to 4,000, and as far as I can tell, is only available through mailorder from the Descendents distro...which meant that I still had to place an order from them in the end.

No comments: