Wednesday, July 27, 2016

UK Fireball

The seed was planted during Instagram's January Record A Day game back in 2015. On one of the days, we had to pick an album that we wanted to hear played live in its entirety. I wanted to pick Deep Purple's Fireball, but since I didn't own a vinyl copy, I was forced to make another selection.

A year and a half later, and I'm finally crossing Fireball of my Wantlist.

Last month, in the middle of an early-70's obsession, I found myself listening to the shit out of Fireball. Again, I was just in awe of how perfect that album is, and I set out to finally purchase a copy.

There are differences between the UK and US pressings...with the US version getting Strange Kind of Woman, and the UK getting Demon's Eye...and since Demon's Eye is one of my favorite Deep Purple songs, the UK pressing wins.

Plus the original UK pressing comes in a textured gatefold sleeve...and UK pressings tend to just be cooler for early 70's rock bands.

Easily one of my favorite albums of all time.

No comments: