Saturday, December 26, 2015

None But The Metal

I've been trying to curb my record spending recently. Christmas gifts, car repairs and bills have me taking hits left and right, but I've got to keep my eye on more important things...you know, like buying all the 2015 releases before the year comes to a close. The past few weeks have been a mad scramble to pick up a few more pieces to the 2015 puzzle, and even though I'm not going to be able to get them all, I'll still make a solid dent.

As I've been reviewing and reworking my Best of 2015 list...comparing one album in the list to another and deciding if they needed to be moved up or down in my ranking, it dawned on me that I get a real charge out of listening to the newest Ironsword album...more so than the new Iron Maiden. Once I'd gotten that sorted out, I knew I needed to grab the Ironsword vinyl.

I had the option of colored vinyl when I was ordering from Shadow Kingdom, but honestly, I didn't like the way it looked. I went the safe route and just ordered the black vinyl.

I'm not sure who came up with this hype sticker, but I don't think they listened to this album. Comparisons to Manilla Road, Manowar and Omen would have been more on target than Exciter, Venom and Metallica. Seriously, the similarities were so strong that there were times when I thought the singer for Manilla Road was doing guest vocals on this album. Great traditional Heavy Metal!

No comments: