Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Iron Man Null And Void

I was supposed to be at an Iron Man show last night, but unfortunately, the band had to cancel at the last minute due to a serious illness. Terrible news. This band quickly because one of my current favorites with the release of their South Of The Earth album back in 2013, and when I heard they were playing Massachusetts, I was bound and determined to catch them live...even if it meant driving two hours alone to the gig, and not getting home until 3:00 in the morning on the day I had to work. That was how much I wanted to see Iron Man.

While it isn't nearly the same as seeing them live, I did recently get a new piece of vinyl for the band.

Iron Man released their third album, Generation Void, back in 1999, but it took until 2014 for it to get a proper release on vinyl. It isn't as strong as it's follow up I Have Returned or the mighty South Of The Earth, but this is still a good record...and when you think about what metal was being released at the time, this would probably make the Top 10 list for that year. Since their debut in '93, Iron Man have not tried to be fashionable or follow the latest trend...they just keep writing Sabbath inspired metal songs. Much respect.

I'm not typically a fan of splatter vinyl, but I'm digging what Shadow Kingdom did with this. Well done.

No comments: