Saturday, December 07, 2013

Intro / Coke Bust

Coke Bust have been around for a while now. I remember first deciding to check them out back in 2007, as I'd been hearing their name a lot at the time. I downloaded their 2006 demo, but along with the terrible production and crazy, chaotic sound, I promptly deleted it after listening to just one song.

Fast forward six years, and I get an email from Grave Mistake, announcing that Coke Bust has a new LP available for order. There seemed to be some excitement around it, so I said "what the hell", and downloaded it to preview and see if my opinion had changed. Given that Sectarian Violence and Coke Bust share the same singer, it shouldn't have been a surprise, but damn, this is really good. Insanely fast, rough, raw and angry...recalling bands like Infest, Crossed Out, and Think I Care. I slept on this band for far too long.

200 pressed on red vinyl, and the LP comes with a gigantic poster.

While I was picking up the Confined LP, I figured that I might as well add the Degradation 7 inch to my order as well.

Another solid record. Six fast and loud blasts of anger, clocking in at six minutes total.

No comments: