Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Death Angel Calls For Blood

25 years after the release of their first album, and Death Angel can still deliver a solid Metal record.

Their newest, The Dream Calls For Blood, is another album in a list of strong releases for Death Angel. Damn, this band may be heavier and faster now, than they were back in the late 80's and early 90's. Shit...Act III ain't got nothing on this new album. Vicious.

I've been looking to pick up this album for a while now, and I've had my eye on the limited color vinyl from the different Euro pressings. Money has been super tight, so I've been hesitant to pull the trigger...and I kept putting it off.

I've recently been purchasing a bunch of old, original pressing, Metal records...which of course have all been on black vinyl. When I saw the US pressing of the new Death Angel in the bin at my local record store, I figured that if black vinyl was good enough back in the 80's, then it is good enough for me now.

2 comments:

J@screamingforrecords said...

I reckon it's perfectly acceptable to pick up black vinyl if it's from an actual store.

Mike said...

Of course it is...but here I sit thinking about how nice it would have been to own this on "grey wolf" colored vinyl that was limited to 100.