Thursday, November 14, 2013

Kyuss Lives In Vista Chino

I had checked out Kyuss a couple of years ago, but after listening to a couple of songs, I quickly deleted them from my ipod. It wasn't really my thing. After Doug introduced me to Fu Manchu earlier this year, and was complimenting Kyuss in the same breath, I decided to give them another go. Much to my surprise, I found that I really enjoyed their laid back stoner vibe, and it was the perfect soundtrack for when I would go out for a 10 mile run. It was quite the trip to be running some off road trails in the summer heat with the song 100° blasting into your ears.

Vista Chino includes three of the original Kyuss dudes, and their new album sounds very much like their former band. Same fuzzed out and winding guitar riffs...same laid back vocals. Kyuss lives! I can dig it.

When it came time to pick up a copy of the album, I was in a spending mood and went big...ordering the Euro pressing from Napalm Records.

Limited to 200 on blue vinyl.

Just like the Orchid vinyl that I bought from Napalm earlier this year, the Vista Chino vinyl has a nice sticker with the pressing info.

No comments: