Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Guidance In An Age Of Vice

Man, bloggers should get paid some kind of commission for those records that we introduce to others. Time and time again the vinyl blog community has recommended some cool shit that I probably otherwise wouldn't have heard of. We are basically spending money to help advertise this stuff. I need a sponsorship from REACT! or something. Ha!

This time it was Chris over at Unwavering Spirit that provided the recommendation.

Now, I've picked up a few records from Anger Battery over the years, and I've always been impressed with the bands on their roster, yet somehow, I completely missed it when pre-orders went up for the Guidance record. Thankfully, Chris keeps his blog more up to date than mine, and when he posted about this record back in August, Anger Battery still had a few copies of the limited pink vinyl available.

Only 100 were pressed on pink vinyl.

The record itself has a pretty good early 90's straight edge sound. I initially thought that the band would have fit in nicely on the b-side of the New Age comp, Words To Live By...maybe sandwiched between Counter Punch and that early Undertow song. Listening to the record now, I reminds me more of a mid-90's era Crucial Response band. Either way, it is pretty cool in my book.

1 comment:

chris said...

Glad you liked it and thanks for the shout out!!!