Wednesday, September 11, 2013

REACT! Week - Part Three: Clearsight

Can't sit back, time for more REACT!.

Clearsight are a Straight Edge band out of the Ukraine. REACT! pressed their 2008 demo to vinyl, and then the band broke up. Thankfully, they are back together to give us this nine song 7 inch. Great, no frills, old school style...nothing but Hardcore.

Good to see the REACT! inserts are back with the Clearsight record. Honestly, I don't pay much attention to them, but they were always a nice touch in the label's early days.

I have no idea what the pressing info is for this record, but I'm going to assume that it is the same as the WarXgames record...150 on colored vinyl, with 350 on black.

Originally I had only ordered the WarXgames test pressing when REACT! had it available in their store. At that time, they also had a test of the Clearsight record available, but I'm desperately trying to not buy everything, so I grabbed a copy of WarXgames, and checked out. Four days later, I checked back in the REACT! store and was surprised to see the Clearsight test was still available. Unbelievably, it hadn't sold out yet. The price was very reasonable for a test pressing, so I bit the bullet and bought it. No fucking willpower.

The Clearsight test looks even less exciting than the WarXgames one. This one isn't even numbered! Still, it is a test, so I'm not going to kick it out of bed for eating crackers.

No comments: