Thursday, September 12, 2013

REACT! Week - Part Four: Angel Du$t

I'll admit, I was a little skeptical when I first saw the Slam video from Angel Du$t. There was a bit of hype on this new band, but seeing the video, I was kind of underwhelmed.

Here we are a few months later, and I've got to say that my opinion has changed. After receiving the vinyl in the mail, and listening to it a few times, I was hooked. It seems impossible for me to describe their sound...it is like some weird hybrid of Turnstile and The Damned. I don't know. It's weird and I'm loving it.

The record cover isn't much to look at, but I dig the nice crisp, clean design.

150 pressed on yellow. 200 on clear. 300 on white vinyl. There is also a black vinyl pressing, limited to 400...looks like I've got to get that too!

"Jump in the crowd, I don't give a damn when the music's so loud. I gotta slam!"

1 comment:

Wei L. said...

the entire album is so ridiculously catchy, great description about them sounding like Turnstyle/The Damned