Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Paint It Purple And Red

It had been a while since I'd listened to Paint It Black. At one time I really loved this band, but with the release of their third album, New Lexicon on Rivalry Records back in 2008, I started to get bored. The album fell a little flat with me, and they kind of fell off my radar. When I saw they had new 7 inch available through No Idea, I decided to download it and check it out.

Too my surprise, I loved these six new songs. They reminded me of how great those first two albums were, and I didn't hesitate to order a copy with my next order from REVHQ.

I mentioned it with my Black God post a while back, but damn, No Idea vinyl looks so good!

1,000 pressed on purple.

Back in 2009, Paint It Black announced that after three full length LPs, they were going to start just doing quick hits with 7 inch releases. I bought the first one, Amnesia, mainly because it was on Bridge Nine, but I never did pick up the second one, Surrender, that was released on Fat Wreck. Who knows why I never bothered with it? Maybe it was because I never spent much time with the B9 release, or maybe it was because I rarely buy anything from Fat Wreck. What ever the reason, now that I had two of the band's 7 inch releases, I had a sudden urge to pick up the only one I was missing. I wasn't having any luck with eBay, so I made my first purchase from the discogs marketplace.

320 pressed on red.

All three 7 inches have the same look to them...from the black and white cover, to the band name and record title in the upper left hand corner.

Even the back cover and record labels have the same look. I love the continuity.

No comments: