Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Horisont Boogie

I first heard Horisont during the summer of 2011. I was over visiting with my friend Jeff, and he pulled out the Två Sidor Av Horisonten album, and gave it a spin to see if it was something I was interested in. My first reaction was that it reminded me of Cream, and that was all it took to sell me on the band.

Once I got home and downloaded the album, I noticed that half of the songs are in the band's native tongue of Swedish. Ugggg. I have a hard time hanging with bands that don't sing in English. If I can't sing along to the songs, it limits my experience with the band, and therefore I can't connect. I still liked the album though, but it was no longer a Must Buy for me. I had my eye on a copy that All That Is Heavy had for sale, and over the next year and a half, I watched it go in and out of stock. Each time I saw it listed as Sold Out, I worried that I'd missed my chance, but then a month or so later it would be back in stock and I'd breathe a sigh of relief.

With Horisont's excellent sophomore release, Second Assault, and with such a great experience from All That Is Heavy...plus the album was on sale, so that sealed the deal...it was finally time to grab a copy.

No comments: