Thursday, January 24, 2013

More Fear, More Beer

One of the reasons that I am hesitant to sell or trade any of my music is because of Fear's More Beer album. You see, when I was 20 or so, I was an angry and uptight PC Straight Edge kid. The line in the sand had been drawn, and there was only black and white. When I was looking to clean out my CD collection in the early 90's, one of the first to go was the More Beer CD. I'd never really spent any time with it, and since I couldn't play it alongside my Chorus of Disapproval disc, I felt like I could let it go. Over 20 years later, after downloading it on a whim at the start of 2012, I fell in love with it and couldn't listen to it enough. I obviously needed another copy, so I figured that I'd go for the original vinyl pressing this time around.

For the next couple of weeks, I was all over ebay and popsike checking prices and activity. Finding a near mint copy, with the shrinkwrap, for $25 seemed like a no brainer to me, and I clicked the Buy It Now button. Mine. Damn, for a copy that is over 25 years old, this thing looks amazing.

Make no mistakes, this shit has it's sights set on offending everyone. The Mouth Don't Stop (The Trouble With Women Is), Strangulation, Bomb The Russians...ha ha ha...no surprise that my Ebullition obsessed self wasn't digging this back in the early 90's. While I still don't agree with the lyrical content, I'm not going to take this too seriously, because man, this album rages.

1 comment:

J@screamingforrecords said...

Haven't heard this for years. Might have to give it a spin.